Join Our celebration of Tulip Art & Culture
Over 10 days 700,000 visitors and residents will enjoy the region’s millions of tulips in bloom and various programming elements that will enhance the tulip experience. These tulips set the stage for a celebration of authentic art, cultural, historic, culinary and family tulip experiences at various official venues including our Lansdowne Park Tulip Gallery.
Here we feature Canadian tulip art, photography and floral galleries, installations and workshops, and international cultural displays and performances. Planned attractions include:
- Canadian Handmade Market (partnership with Signatures Shows Ltd)
- Homage to Malak Karsh Photo Exhibition
- Tulip Art Gallery
- World Friendship Village (Embassies)
- World Friendship Stage (Cultural performances)
- Art, Floral, Gardening and Photography workshops
- Private and corporate events in the evenings
Artists can partner with the festival in several ways…
Exhibit & Sell Tulip Art – 2018 SPOTS ARE FULL
Tulip works of art in a variety of mediums will be exhibited for the duration of the festival (May 11 to May 21) in the Aberdeen Pavilion
- Submitted artwork(s) must have a tulip theme.
- Artwork(s) must be delivered to the Aberdeen Pavilion on Thursday, May 10 and unsold pieces must be picked up on Tuesday, May 22.
- Featured artworks may be sold on site – terms to be established and agreed by the artist and Canadian Tulip Festival. The sold art piece must then be replaced by another piece of art for the duration of the Festival.
Host a Workshop
Artists are invited to facilitate an onsite paid workshop (terms to be established and agreed by the artist and Canadian Tulip Festival.)
Work in the Tulips
Interact with visitors while working in and around the tulip beds at Commissioner’s Park, Dow’s Lake.
Paint a 5-Foot Tulip
Paint a 5ft fibreglass tulip to reflect our ethos of international peace and friendship.
Canadian Tulip Festival reserves the right to accept or refuse artist proposals.
Artists will enjoy the following benefits of visibility:
- Use of the Canadian Tulip Festival partner logo
- Art will be displayed along with the name of the artist and gallery logo if applicable.
- Artwork title and description, artist name, gallery name (if applicable) and link to artist or gallery website included in the Canadian Tulip Festival Web calendar
- Canadian Tulip Festival Facebook pages will “Like” artist/ gallery Facebook page
- Canadian Tulip Festival will co-promote and sell workshops registration via our website and social channels
Artists will receive the following complimentary:
- 22- single day festival admission passes
- 2- Invitations to Vernissage Tulipe